Approached by the Client to inspect its vessel’s engine as issues and concerns had arisen over its performance.
Scavenge Space Inspection showed no major signs of failure; hence, CTS went on board to carry out an in-situ liner inspection. We utilise a machine that can be easily deployed from the liner scavenger ports and upon inspection and analysing the data,
CTS provides the probable causes of failure and the possible solutions.
What the Inspection provides:
1. Liner diameters, wear rates, ovality data.
2. Liner issues such as scuffing, clover leafing, high corrosive wear.
The main concern for tankers in Singapore/worldwide is:
1. Immobilisation of the main engine.
2. Very short and uncertain port stay.
CTS engages a technology which allows:
1. No immobilisation of the Main Engine. (It does not require any engine mounting to be removed).
2. A very quick, yet sophisticated method of liner inspection and analysis (taking only 20 minutes per liner).