CTS was invited by the owners to inspect and execute the retrofit on a Turnkey basis for a series of 5 container vessels to increase the refer carrying capacity by 20 percent. The client required ship specific adaptation and fabrication/installation of the new ducts & fans based on CFD calculations.
The CTS team was deployed to the vessel to execute following-
- Inspect and produce ship specific execution duct designs and plans.
- Arrangement of steel team with material and equipment to make openings for duct insertion and required strengthening of the deck.
- Exhaust air flow analysis and drawings for new mushroom vents.
- Fabrication and installation of ducts.
- Execute on plans and drawings for new fan installation and old fan exchange.
- Testing and commissioning of the system.
All works were inspected and approved by classification society.