No immobilisation of the main engine is required and no engine mounting needs to be removed. Additionally, our sophisticated method only takes 20 minutes to scan per liner. Saving you time and accommodating more schedules.
Upon setting up the machine it intelligently self-calibrates and records the required data. Working on the principle of measure by laser, it provides 3D liner wear analysis. From this, the data is then decrypted, giving our experienced technicians the ability to analyse the information and give advice to the client on the available options thereon.
Our 3D laser scan inspections only last 20 minutes per liner and yet provide one of the most comprehensive and detailed reports currently on the market. By engaging laser technology, your report will derive from millions of micro points that will constitute a final 3D scan whereby all the points are systematically arranged in virtual space to give us a visual representation of the current state of the vessel’s liner. Importantly, this is all done without the need of immobilisation or removal of any engine mounting, making this entire process much quicker and simpler than traditional methods.
What the scan provides:
- Maximum liner diameter (machine scans around 200 readings of the liner at various points while continuously rotating).
- Average wear rate and determines the remaining life hours of the liner.
- Interpretation of the ovality curves of the liner.
- The tabulated data is used to graph the wear profile along the full depth of the liner.
- The data is interpreted to point out concern/issues of cloverleafing, adhesive wear and corrosive wear.
Finally, CTS also utilises a camera that will capture the liner and cylinder head so that the images can be co-related to the graphical data to show any issues/failures.